Make the Most of It07 Jan 2020
A Web Application designed to help people see what time they have left, inspiring to some, anxiety inducing to others. The purpose was to clearly illustrate how much time you may have left in life so that you can spend it wisely.
- Framework: ReactJS
- Deployment Environment: Heroku
- Text Editor: Visual Studio Code
How it Works
The application displays the user with 52 columns and 80 rows of circles and a date picker at the top of the page.
- Every circle represents 1 week.
- Every row of circles represents 1 year.
- Empty circles represent time available
- Filled circles indicate time passed
Once the user enters their birth date in the date picker provided the circles fill up to show a persons life as a progress bar.
It can be difficult to grasp such large scale timelines and people may see life pass them by without realizing. This app hopes to visually show how much time someone may have to inspire them to do something with it!
I am sorry if this article has made you depressed. :(
- Add ability to add family members, to show how much time you may have with relatives, friends, loved ones so that people can plan to spend more time with them.
- Questionnaire to ask about bad / good habits with stats to predict life expectancy and change the predicted end date.
- Questionnaire to ask how often people do certain things they love and output how many times they will get to do those again. (Going to the beach for example)
- Far Future:
- Integrate with Google Calendar, allow people to click into a week and see what they have going on that week/day.
- Make the website more mobile friendly.